Saturday, November 24, 2018

Christmas Eve Salad {with Apples, Oranges, Craisins, Almonds, & Feta}




Christmas Eve at my in-laws is a very casual night, with a big potluck, games, and Christmas carols. The past few years, we've brought this salad (a recipe from my mom), and it's been a huge hit. We usually have this in the summer, but with the dried cranberries and citrus, it felt festive enough for the holidays. 



Christmas Eve Salad
Fills 1 large bowl

Mix:

6-8 cups chopped greens (I use Romaine and Red Leaf lettuces)
2 stalks chopped celery
1/2 bunch chopped green onions
2 chopped apples (I use Fuji)
1 can mandarin oranges
1 cup Craisins
4 oz. feta cheese
1 cup silvered almonds (can be caramelized)


For the dressing, whisk together:

1/2 cup canola oil
1/2 cup rice wine vinegar
1 T. chopped fresh parsley (or 1 tsp. dried)
1 T. sugar
1/2 tsp. kosher salt
1/4 tsp. pepper

I could eat this salad every day, I love it so much. Almost as much as Aunt Karen's Christmas Eve fudge.

Hope you are enjoying your holidays!






SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© nicki cooks. All rights reserved.