Friday, September 9, 2016

5 Ingredient Lemon Ice Cream Cake


September is my birthday month- woohoo! To celebrate, I wanted to share one of my favorite ice cream cake recipes that my mom would always make. It only has 5 ingredients (6-if you want to add a berry topping), and is one of those completely simple, refreshing, and easy to make recipes that's nice to have in your back pocket. It's always a crowd-pleaser.




I know, I know... we are approaching fall here, but the week of my birthday was still pretty hot. There's no rule against white cakes after Labor Day, right? Or ice cream? Ice cream is pretty much a year-round thing in my book.


Ingredients:

1 pkg. (approx. 9 rectangles) graham crackers
1/4 c. sugar
1/4 c. melted butter
6 oz. frozen lemonade concentrate (we always buy a 12 oz. can, and just make lemonade with the leftover) DO NOT ADD WATER
1.5-2 qts. vanilla ice cream or frozen yogurt

Thaw ice cream and lemonade for 20 minutes.

Crush graham crackers between 2 sheets of wax paper or inside a plastic bag using a rolling pin. Mix crumbs with sugar and melted butter using a fork. Pat mixture on the bottom of a 9x13 pan and put in the freezer.

Put ice cream in a large bowl and chop with a wooden spoon until soft and able to be stirred. Add lemonade concentrate and mix. Pour over graham cracker crust and freeze overnight.  

Optional: top with your choice of berries.



I'm telling you- the crumbly mixture of graham crackers and the zesty lemon flavor is a perfect combination! It was a refreshing birthday treat :).

Enjoy!



SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© nicki cooks. All rights reserved.